Thursday, January 28, 2010

1-28-10

I heard a Bible verse in staff meeting this past week that spoke to my condition. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Phil 3:13-14 (NIV).
This is such a fine “one thing.” We could all sit in a circle, and I imagine everyone one of us could describe what it means in our circumstance, this very day, to let go of something in the past and press on toward the goal for which God has called us.
If I let go of what lies behind that probably means I need to forgive someone. More often than not that someone is myself. Can I let that thing go and trust that God is big enough to handle the situation? And if I press on toward the prize to which God has called me, that will pretty much color how I do what I do today. And that seems to give me less to let go of tomorrow.
Paul knew what he was talking about. Those are word we can live by.

Pastor Chuck

1 comment:

  1. If I can keep Christ in my heart, then I live IN Christ and participate in the mysterious enfolding of His Spirit. The unworthiness of self is only forgotten in union with Him. Sitting down to break bread together is a practical demonstration of how Christ gives us life, visceral throbbing life. His life in us. Giving thanks before breaking bread brings us together in spiritual life in Him. Melissa and I are truly enjoying our corporate New Year's resolution. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete